Best Smokeless Indoor Grill
If you don’t have the space for an outdoor grill, or you want to make juicy steaks and burgers year-round without having to endure the elements, you may consider an indoor grill. Don’t worry, they’re smokeless, so you don’t have to worry about setting off the fire alarm. Some are even approved for indoor and outdoor use, so you can easily transport yours out of the home and onto a patio when the weather allows it.
Like most cooking gadgets, there are many different types of indoor grills, some of which perform better than others. We researched the best ones, so you can get the crusty sear and smoky flavor you love from the comfort of your kitchen.
The 9 Best Smokeless Grills of 2021 of 2021 - Reviews & Buying Guide
Here is my list of The 9 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills.
1. Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer Roast Bake Dehydrate Broil and Leave-in Thermometer, with Extra Large Capacity, and a Stainless Steel Finish
- Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill with Smart Cook System. The Smart XL grill that sears, sizzles, and crisps. Indoor countertop Grill and Air Fryer
- Perfectly cook food on the inside to your desired doneness and char grill every side with 500F Cyclonic Grilling Technology and the Smart Cook System. 500F cyclonic air and the 500F grill grate combine to give you delicious char grilled marks and flavors
- Smart Cook System—4 smart protein settings, 9 customizable doneness levels, and the Foodi Smart Thermometer enable you to achieve the perfect doneness from rare to well done at the touch of a button. No more guesswork and no more under or over cooking
The Ninja food smart XL 6-in-1 indoor grill is an excellent addition to your smokeless kitchen appliance collection. It not only grills but also bakes and air fry meat and vegetables.
What sets it apart from the rest of the crowd is the exceptionally less cooking time of 25 minutes or less.
Its extra-large internal capacity can accommodate six steaks or 24 hot dogs at the same time. Luckily, you can also grill your sidelines along with the mains.
The 6-in-1 functionality includes air crips, bake, broil, roast, and dehydrate in addition to the regular grill.
The cyclonic airflow, combined with the unique smoke control system, automatically regulates the temperature.
The hot air circulates from top to bottom to create a top-class sear. Not only that, but you can also see visible grill marks on the steaks and patties.
A washable grease screen covers the heating element. You can increase the screen’s durability by washing it gently with a dishwasher soap after every use.
2. Philips Kitchen Appliances HD6371/94 Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- Advanced infrared technology and special reflectors guide heat to the indoor grills cooking grid for delicious, evenly grilled food. The drip tray underneath remains cool so there is virtually no smoke.
- No need to adjust the heat. The indoor grill quickly heats up to a consistent 446°F, the optimal temperature for cooking and searing your favorite meat, poultry and fish leaving it juicy and tender on the inside.
- The electric grill ensures food is not cooked into its own grease and the fat is separated during grilling; Voltage: 120 volts
- Clean up your electric grill in less than a minute; Either wipe the grid clean or place it in the dishwasher. Cleaning a grill has never been easier.
If you are looking for a sleek and compact indoor grill, the Philips Kitchen Appliance HD6371/94 Smokeless Indoor BBQ Grill, is an apt choice for you. With advanced infrared technology and heat reflectors, it can cook delicious grilled meals for a medium-sized family.
It comes with a 12 x 7 inches cooking surface, perfect for two to three people. The dimensions of 7.5 L x 21.8 W x 16.9 H inches occupy significantly less kitchen counter space.
The electric grill ensures the meat doesn’t cook in its fat and gets separated during the grilling process.
A drip tray is a unique feature that makes it one of the best indoor grills. It collects the moisture dripping from the food placed at the grill and reduces the smoke.
It quickly heats up to a temperature of 446F degrees and maintains the temperature throughout the cooking cycle. The adaptive temperature feature takes away the stress of continuous monitoring of the grilling process.
3. T-fal GC722D53 1800W OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill with Removable and Dishwasher Safe Plates
- Powerful 1800 watt electric indoor grill cooks food automatically based on thickness of food and program selected
- 9 auto cooking programs: Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat, Fish, Pork, Bacon and Shellfish. Handle Thermoplastic
- Preheating/ready indicator light; indicator light and audible beeps for rare, medium and well done make it easy to monitor the cooking progress
- Frozen mode for cooking frozen food; Manual mode with 4 temperature settings for cooking vegetables or personal recipes. Power cord length – 0.8 m
If you are looking for an affordable and durable indoor grill, the T-fal GC722D53 1800W Optigrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill is the best choice for you.
It’s not just an ordinary electric grill; instead, it comes with six additional cooking settings designed for you to grill world-class meals for your families. These settings include Burger, Sandwich, Poultry, Sausage-pork, red meat, fish, pork, bacon, and shellfish.
Imagine the amount of time and effort you’ll save in adjusting the right temperature and timer. Luckily, you only need to press the relevant cooking settings’ button.
As the name indicates, it comes with OptiGrill programming allowing you to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.
The ability to grill your frozen food perfectly makes it one of the best indoor grills. The snowflake button informs it about the frozen hamburger patty. Afterward, it automatically adjusts the time and setting, saving from the stress of presenting an undercooked meal.
It’s a masterpiece of high-end technology containing sensors that measure the meat’s thickness. When coupled with the doneness sensor, it allows you to select the choice of “done” level.
4. Cuisinart Electric Griddler, Stainless Steel
- LCD display- displays function, temperature and timer. NOTE : Model Number GR-5BP1 and GR-5B same product
- User-friendly digital controls
- Adjustable temperatures from 175-450 degrees
- Contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- Removable and reversible dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates for easy storage
If you are looking for a multi-functional indoor grill, the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Electric Griddler is an optimal choice for you.
As the name suggests, it’s a griddle that grills indoors and makes delicious paninis. Fortunately, you can now create restaurant-style sandwiches with grill marks on them.
You can easily wash the 11 x 9 inches reversible grill plates in a dishwasher.
You can fully utilize your creative cooking skills to manage the cooking simultaneously on two grilling plates.
The grilling space doubles when you open it grill on one side and flat cook on the other. It presents you with five functions: contact grill, panini press, full griddle, full grill, and half grill half griddle.
It can heat up to a maximum temperature of 450F degrees, providing consistent heat throughout the 240 square inches grilling area.
The cooking area is enough to cook 12 small pancakes or six hamburger patties at the same time, without any overlap.
It comes with a hidden drip tray which efficiently collects the liquid draining from the grill.
5. PowerXL Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid and Turbo Speed Smoke Extractor Technology
- Enjoy grilled steaks, ribs, pork barbecue, and burgers all year-round, this electric smokeless grill creates your outdoor BBQ recipes with the same taste, flavor & authentic char-grilled texture and grill marks – right on your kitchen countertop. Effortlessly! Grill on our family size, XL grill surface with virtually no smoke and less mess.
- Dual Cooking Surfaces – Each PowerXL Grill includes non-stick grill grates and a flat griddle plate. The griddle is the perfect nonstick, multi-purpose, restaurant-grade cooking surface for perfect pancakes, eggs, & more or get the perfect sear on steak and fish. Doubles as a professional Panini press. Want authentic grill marks? Use the grill plate for traditional barbecue grilling on ribs, steaks, veggies & more. You can even grill fruit!
If you are looking for a stylish indoor grill to complement your modern kitchen design, the PowerXL Smokeless Indoor Grill is the perfect option for you.
The 108 square inches cooking area can accommodate six to seven medium burger patties simultaneously. The food doesn’t stick on its non-stick ceramic grill plate.
You can manually adjust the temperature with its LED Smart Temperature Control, allowing maximum heating at 450F degrees.
The incorporated fan is a part of the Turbo-Speed Smoke Extractor to remove the smoke. The fan creates a vacuum environment by eliminating the smoke through the vents.
The blue indicator blinks, allowing you to monitor the temperature progress. It stops blinking once the desired temperature is achieved. Additionally, you can speed up the process by closing down the lid.
Do you have frozen fish and don’t know how to grill it? Lucky for you, the in-built heating source can quickly cook the frozen food, saving you from the hassle of defrosting it.
Most of its parts are dishwasher safe, including glass lid, griddle, grill plates, water, and drip trays. The drip tray collects the draining liquid and fat, keeping the grilling area neat and tidy.
6. Techwood Smokeless Grill 1500W indoor Grill with Tempered Glass Lid, Compact & Portable Non-stick BBQ Grill
- [♨ Heats up Quickly & Precise Control] – Techwood indoor smokeless grill with a LED accurate digital temperature control, allow you getting the cooking temperature correct from 220° F to 450° F. Maintains that constant temperature throughout the entire cooking process. Your food will be grilled to perfection under the high temperature from the grill heat with an authentic char-grilled texture and BBQ grill marks. Evenly Grilled, Tasty, Juicy and Browned results.
- [♨ Indoor Smokeless Searing] – This electric indoor smokeless grill is adopted advanced airflow technology and hidden fan, virtually all hot smoke is reduced allowing you to grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your entire apartment or home. You can enjoy grilled steak, Bacon, Burgers, Fish, Kabobs, Sausages, Pork Chops, Chicken and more to perfection Year-Round! Effortlessly!
The next grill on our list is the Techwood Smokeless Grill Indoor, which ensures even-cooking without propane or charcoal taste.
The food neither sticks on the non-stick grill grate nor cooks in its fat. The drip tray underneath collects the excessive liquid and fat to reduce the spatter around.
It comes with advanced airflow technology to remove the smoke from the grill. The hidden fan serves as an exhaust fan to vent out the smoke.
The LED precise digital temperature control enables you to cook food at different temperatures ranging from 220F degrees to 450F degrees. Moreover, the temperature remains consistent throughout the cooking process grilling a perfect rib-eye steak with char-grilled texture and grill marks.
Both the grill plate and drip tray are removable and dishwasher-safe.
You may not be able to enjoy its warranty period, but you can enjoy its post-delivery service, which includes a 60-day return policy.
7. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results.
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks. Serves up to 6 with 118 square-inch grilling surface.
- Keep an eye on your food: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill is a reliable and robust grill with a viewing window and an easy-to-clean non-stick plate.
With the highest temperature of 450F degrees, you can grill delicious steaks with juice and flavors locked inside. Thanks to the sensitive temperature control knob, you can also adjust the temperature depending upon the cooking food.
Closing the lid makes the grilling experience similar to that of the outdoor gas grill. The top is at a considerable height that doesn’t squish the vegetables or fish.
The 118 square inches cooking surface can grill steaks for six people.
You can easily remove the grease and bits off the grill without scraping off the coating.
Luckily, all of its parts, including a drip-tray and cooking plate, are dishwasher-safe.
It’s operated by a 1200-watt motor, which is the lowest power among the already reviewed grills. It means it can take a longer time to grill your food when compared to the competitors. For instance, you can cook a medium-rare steak in 20 minutes on top of the 10 minutes preheat time.
8. Gotham Steel 1965 Indoor Smokeless Grill, XL
- Nonstick ceramic surface heats evenly giving you perfectly-cooked and browned food
- Deluxe Size: 14 x 9 cooking surface; 18 x 13″ including handle and frame
- The Gotham Steel portable electric grill pulls apart for easy cleanup and storage
- Removable grease catcher is made from ceramic preventing residue from burning greatly reducing smoking
- User-friendly temperature dial with 4 settings – Warm, low, medium, and high heat
If you are looking for a sleek and simple indoor grill, the Gotham Steel 1965 Indoor Smokeless Grill is the right choice for you. Its differentiating feature is the heating element, perfectly embedded in the cooking grate, ensuring a thin look.
You can assemble all its four parts in just five minutes. These parts include a non-stick cooking grate, a plug, a metal drip pan, and a plastic base. Luckily, both the drip tray and plastic base are dishwasher-safe.
You can adjust the temperature with the integrated temperature controller knob available near the plug.
The PTFE, PFOA, and PFOS free non-stick titanium and copper cooking surface don’t alter the food’s original flavors.
The manufacturer recommends you add a cup of water to the drip pan to minimize the smoke.
It can reach a maximum temperature of 420F degrees allowing you to grill your delicious steaks.
9. George Foreman 12+ Servings Upto 15 Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 12+ Servings Upto 15 – It’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 12+ Servings Upto 15 for large groups of people
- George Tough Nonstick Coating – There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand – Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control – The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
The last grill on our list is the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, quite similar in design to any other outdoor gas grill. As the name indicates, you can use this electric grill indoor as well as outdoor.
Unlike the previously reviewed grills, you can’t place it on your kitchen countertop. It comes with its stand allowing you to place it anywhere in the kitchen or outside.
It weighs just 21 pounds so that you can comfortably carry it around your home. The grill plate comes with a non-stick coating that doesn’t allow the food, stick to it.
It comes with an incredible 240 square inch cooking area, the largest among the rest of the reviewed electric grills. You can make a meal for a big family festival consisting of 15 or more people.
The removable grill comes with a durable non-stick coating, so the food doesn’t stick on it. Moreover, the fat removing slop doesn’t let the meat cook in its fat.
The food grilled in the George foreman tastes different than on the charcoal grill. Don’t worry; it doesn’t contain any propane taste. Instead, the food cooks evenly with a taste better than regular broiling.
Most Popular Smokeless Indoor Grill Brands
Registered in England, Ninja holds global recognition for its inventive kitchen appliances not only in the US but globally. The specialty of Ninja is to incorporate automation and state-of-the-art technology in its indoor grills.
Power smokeless indoor grill is one of the best in the US with its money-back guarantee and customer care services. Although it’s manufactured in China, however, it’s quite popular in the US and Canada.
Based in Canada, Gotham offers top-quality smokeless grill incorporated with high-tech features automating the daily grilling process.
Founded in 1891, Philips is one of the pioneers in designing a wide range of home appliances to make our daily lives easy and convenient. One way or the way, most of us have one or Philips appliances at our homes.
Based in America, Hamilton Beach is one of the oldest home appliance manufacturers designing top-notch products since 1910. With headquarters based in Virginia, its primary customers belong to North America.
Founded in 1994, George Foreman Grill is one of the youngest grill manufacturers among the companies mentioned above. Its products are available in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
You no longer need to spend hours to initiate the coal fire in traditional grills. Courtesy of the technology, you can opt for an electrical, indoor smokeless grill and save yourself from all the coal fuss.
The smokeless grill has completely revolutionized the concept of grilled steaks by converting them into healthy ones. You can grill delicious bbq for your family by using minimum oil.
If you want to switch to a healthy lifestyle and still enjoy grilled food, you can opt for one of the indoor smokeless grills discussed above. Happy grilling!