Best Cast Iron Cookware
Traditional cookware like, the best cast iron cookware has thousands of years of history which never go out of style. From the ancient time to this modern time cast iron kitchenware is widely used due to its versatility, perfect cooking performance, and low price. Even you are a fan of nonstick pots/pans and use them every day but for BBQ parties or making pot pies, this daredevil must be needed to come out form the self.
Cast iron pots are made from melted metal which is a combination of pig iron, recycled scrap iron, carbon, limestone, and steel. All these material are melted and poured into a sand mold in one piece. That means handles and the main pan is made at the same time. So, it can be placed into the oven, broiler etc. without any problem. They are very cheap and guaranty to last forever.
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Combo Cooker
3. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.6-Quart
9 Best Cast Iron Cookware Sets Reviews | Pot, Pans and Skillets
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Combo Cooker
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires
- Oven safe
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart’s content
- Made in the USA
- Included Components: 10.25-Inch Shallow Skillet
- Item Shape: Round
If you need a deep skillet than there is nothing better than Lodge LCC3 Cast Iron Combo Cooker. This cast iron cookware has one fryer, a Dutch oven, and a shallow skillet that can be converted into a cover. This best-cast iron set is versatile and allows you to prepare almost any recipe. These two skillets are factory seasoned and have a nonstick surface. It is made of a high-quality iron and the overall finish is pretty even.
You can use them on your gas stove, broiler oven, etc. these skillets are great for baking pot pies, bread, or any slow-cooked dishes. It allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the iron’s surface. So you will flip or remove the food from the skillet more easily. They have issues with a brown spot, and rust if you do not clean and dry them well. So, be careful with cleaning in a proper way.
- The shallow skillet is also usable as a lid.
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use.
- Good for even cooking and heat retention.
- The handles are strong and have a hole and helper handle.
- Very cheap in price.
- Takes time to get hot properly.
- Might get rust if not maintained well.
2. Outdoor Gourmet 5 Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set
- 2 cast-iron skillets
- Cast-iron Dutch broiler
- Cast-iron frying pan
- Cast-iron top
- Cast-iron development gives strength
Recommended: Best Ceramic Frying Pans
Although the handles of the pots and pans are very sturdy and easy to use while cooking. You can hang them also on your kitchen wall. The pot comes with an additional cover fully made of cast iron and double handles on both sides and another one for hanging purpose. Overall, this cast iron cookware set is durable and suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Affordable in price.
- Comes with the reversible grill and other essential pots.
- Good for your starting up the kitchen.
- Very durable.
- Unseasoned pieces.
- Sometimes give trouble with cleaning.
3. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.6-Quart
- A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn’t quit, the Lodge Dutch Oven is an enameled cast iron classic that’s great for preparing and serving memorable meals.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON? It is actually glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Dimensions : 13.56 L X 10.98 W X 4.68 H inch
The lodge is one of the best-cast iron cookware brands in the cookware industry. They are producing century-old traditional cast iron cookware sets which won many chefs hearts. The Lodge EC4D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven is one of them. It’s an enameled iron cooking pot which is suitable for making almost any recipe. You can cook mussels, fried rice, pork, chicken or anything you want.
The enamel cover gives it the airtight facility to cook in proper heat and moisturizer without burning the food. Its nonstick surface allows the use of low oil cooking and provides an easy to clean facility. It releases food very easily so you can literally cook anything on this Dutch oven. Also, it can be used for marinating and serving or store food. It comes with a huge range of color variation. So having this Best Cast Iron Skillets could add a new look into your kitchen shelf.
- Percaline enamel coating in both inside and outside.
- Self-basting lid with handle.
- Includes stainless steel knob.
- Beautiful design and color.
- Easy to clean.
- Not suitable for the dishwasher.
- Less durable.
4. Pre-Seasoned 2-In-1 Cast Iron Multi-Cooker – Heavy Duty 3 Quart Dutch Oven Skillet and Lid Set, Non-Stick Kitchen Cookware
- DISCOVER THE HEALTHIEST WAY TO COOK YOUR FOOD – It’s time to say goodbye to chemicals and flimsy cookware. The Bruntmor ultimate pre-seasoned cast iron Multi-Cooker set is here to help you eat healthier and cook your food more efficiently than ever!
- THIS IS THE LAST SKILLET YOU’LL EVER HAVE TO BUY – One thing that separates cast iron cookware from the rest is extreme durability. Our sturdy skillet and lid set is made to withstand abuse and endure high temperatures, so that you don’t have to spend money on new skillets every other year!
- LESS SCRUBBING, MORE FREE TIME – Stop wasting your valuable time scrubbing your pans and start spending quality time with your family! The Bruntmor cast iron Dutch oven features an enamelled surface, which is 100% non-stick, so cleaning it becomes a breeze!
Here is another skillet and lid combo set that can withstand extreme temperatures and the product will last a long time. The Ultimate Pre-Seasoned 2-In-1 Cast Iron Combo Cooker is made for those who want to use a versatile cookware both inside and outside. They can be used as a serving plate (because cast iron keeps warm for a long time), marinating food and cooking. This solid cast iron skillet and lid set is also great for easy cleaning. They take very low time on scrubbing so you will get a clean cooking post without much effort. This cast iron cookware set is pre-seasoned surface also great for fast food resale and prevents burning. They are usable as Dutch oven so you can literally try also any recipe with it.
- Very durable.
- Cooks food more efficiently.
- Easy to clean.
- Versatile and pre-seasoned.
- Suitable for stove, campfire etc.
- The surface is a bit rough.
- Might get rusty if not properly clean up.
5. Le Creuset Soleil Mixed 20 Piece Cookware Set with 5.5 quart Dutch Oven
- 25–inch Cast Iron Signature Skillet.
- 75 qt. Cast Iron Saucepan with lid.
- 5 qt. Cast Iron Dutch oven with Lid.
- Rectangle Stoneware Dish with lid.
- Four 8 oz Stoneware Mini Cocottes with Lids.
- 8 qt. Enameled Steel Stock Pot with Lid.
A 64 page Le Creuset Mini Cocotte softcover cookbook
From Le Creuset Soleil 20-Piece Cookware Set, this best cast-iron cookware is very versatile. Le Creuset is one of the best-cast iron cookware brands that make quality products. It can withstand temperature, -65 F to 500 F. So, it’s suitable to keep in the freezer, oven, and even the broiler, etc.
This cookware in glazed inside and outside. The interior is good for releasing food quickly. The good thing is the enamel coating doesn’t chip easily. So, you can use them for years after years without any problem. It’s also dishwasher safe, but it’s better to not wash them in the dishwasher on a daily basis. Occasional use is just fine but regular dishwasher cleaning may weaken the materials.
- Suitable to use on freezer, microwave, oven, and boiler.
- Virtually nonstick glazed interior.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Usable with metal utensils.
- The durable construction which lasts for years.
- Little heavy to handle.
- Expensive cookware.
6. Royal Dutch Cast Iron 1815 - 11 Piece Cook Box Set with Large Skillet
- ◆Effective: Intense ultrasonic signal to scare the Dogs, Cats, Wild Boars, Mouse, Birds and more other animals away from your zone, house, garden, or yard more.
- ◆Safe & ECO-Friendly: No chemical components threatens human’s health, the Passive Infrared sensor (PIR) detects motion and triggers and then the ultrasonic speaker emitting a tone that people cannot hear but chases away common outdoor pests.
- ◆Energy-Saving: Powered by solar energy, cordless and rechargeable, high efficiency and low power consumption.
- ◆Weatherproof: All year-round and virtually all weather conditions still 100% working.
Here is a complete cookware set which comes in a complete cooking box. The Royal Dutch Cast Iron 1815 is made of high quality cast iron. All these pots and pans are pre-seasoned and have a smooth surface. So, they don’t burn or sticks food easily. Also, the set comes with some bonus items that are really different from other cookware sets.
They are suitable for open fire cooking or usable in gas stoves, halogen cooktops, etc. also you can use them on the oven too. All the pots are perfect for frying, grilling, boiling, baking, and braising. An important factor of using cast iron cookware is they are suitable to use both indoor and outdoor. This best-cast iron cookware set works really well outdoors. Thus it has a perfect box to keep all the essentials. So, you can carry them easily in your vehicle.
- A complete cooking box with a crafted wooden box.
- Made of high quality cast iron.
- Withstand 500-degree F in the oven.
- Suitable to use both indoor and outdoor.
- Pre-seasoned and nonstick surface.
- Easy to clean.
- The handles could be more studier.
- The griddle is bit small.
7. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Set
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Set
- Cast iron cover features self-basting tips
- Easy-grip handles for secure control
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Use to sear, sauté, simmer, bake, broil, braise, roast, fry, or grill
Here is another best-cast iron cookware set which is perfect for your everyday usage. The Lodge Kitchen Cookware Set 5 Piece Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron is a multi-tasking versatile cookware set that is great to cook any recipes. The lodge is also a top cast iron cookware set brand among all professional chefs.
The lid is fitted with for both the skillet and Dutch oven. All these cooking pots come with strong and heavy handles. They have holes for hanging on shelves or racks when they are not using. The Dutch oven is also suitable for hanging with another skillet due to it has looped double handle on both sides of it. The surface of this best-cast iron pans and pots are nonstick. It may not work as your Teflon pans but still quite comfortable to use. If you season they don’t have to hassle with food sticking to the pan.
- Pre-seasoned cast iron is suitable for low oil cooking.
- Complete set including a skillet, Dutch oven.
- Usable on all cooking surfaces, grills, campfire, and oven.
- Sturdy and good for using everyday cooking.
- Easy to clean.
- Little expensive.
- Not dishwasher safe.
8. Simple Chef Cast Iron Skillet 3-Piece Set - Best Heavy-Duty Professional Restaurant Chef Quality Pre-Seasoned Pan Cookware Set
- HEAVY DUTY – Cast iron skillets are a timeless must-have for every kitchen. The Simple Chef Cast Iron Skillet 3-Piece Set is virtually indestructible and will last years, decades. Better than any Lodge cast iron set!
- READY TO USE – The skillet set is ready to use, straight out of the box. They are factory pre-seasoned, which is much more effective than at home pre-seasoning. Factory pre-seasoning makes our cast iron skillets virtually non-stick, easy to clean, protected against scratches, and will also make your food rich in flavor!
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL – Our cast iron cookware is multi-functional, and suitable for many different cooking methods. Use our skillets on the stove top, in oven, over a campfire, and even when slow-cooking! Our set is great for frying, sautéing, cooking, grilling, and more.
If you are looking for the Best Cast Iron Pans for a small family or just for a single person than Simple Chef Cast Iron Skillet 3-Piece Set is perfect for you. This skillet set comes with three different pans sized in order 10, 6, and 8 inches. No lids are included but they are usable for gas stoves, oven, camper, and the broiler easily. They are pre-seasoned so you don’t need to use them polished with sandpaper or oiling with seed oil before and after cooking. They are ready to use straight from the box and also easy to clean. You can make, eggs, hash browns, stacks, spaghetti, pizza or anything you want to try. These high quality cast iron skillets are quite heavy to use and they are thick which is good for durability and rough usage.
- Pre-seasoned cast iron ready to use straight from the box.
- Multi-functional cookware set which is usable for stoves, campfires, and the oven.
- Evenly heat conduct.
- Strong handle aids in lifting.
- Very affordable in price.
- The pans are really heavy.
- Small size pans.
9. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Iron Handle Skillet
- Heavyweight fry pan requires very little oil, making it an excellent choice for low-fat cooking
- Optimized for steady, even heat, Le Creusets improved enamel interior resists staining, dulling, and wear and tear
- Black enamel interior requires no additional seasoning, unlike other cast-iron cookware
- New large loop helper handle facilitates lifting the pan and provides a better grip even while wearing oven mitts
- Enameled cast-iron construction provides superior heat retention. Dishwasher safe for fast, convenient cleanup
Le Creuset Signature Iron Handle Skillet is a large size of the skillet that you can use every day to make almost anything. This signature collection forms Le Creuset is made of high quality cast iron with enamel coating interior. This enamel is almost chip and crack resistant and never reacts with your food. Its pre-seasoned so it should be nonstick. But in reality, it’s not so nonstick. The burns and stickiness also depend on the heating process. Thus, cast iron heat up easily. So, if you overheat the pan it will stick and burn food easily. You need to start cooking with low heat and a good amount of vegetable oil or whatever oil you like to use.
However, the best cast iron skillet is great for any type of food recipes. This pan’s slightly abrasive interior develops a natural patina which is great for frying or searing.
- Heavyweight frying pan with enamel interior.
- Cook food evenly.
- Comes with large loop handle which gives a better grip.
- Provides superior heat resistance evenly.
- Expensive skillet.
- Not fully nonstick.
How to Choose Best Cast Iron Cookware
Here given are some important options to think about when choosing the best-cast iron cookware set. Look for these things before making your decision.
Cast iron cookware comes with different sizes and shapes. Usually cast iron is heavy so more or less the cookware is heavy as well. So, going for strong heaver item is better. They are durable and can hold more heat. Many people like their authentic look, color, and weight that old cast iron offers.
However, modern casting metal is combined much lighter than the old one. They almost provide the same service but less durable than the heavier one. So, if want the best experience of the oldie but goodie cast iron it’s better to go for heavyweight cast iron cookware.
But still, some people have an issue with weight and want a lighter option for everyday cooking. If so, you can choose carbon steel or other mix cast iron cookware.
Handles & Knobs
While the quality of the pot or pan is important for cooking the food, being able to maneuver the device is just as important if you want the food to actually be eaten.
The handles and knobs of cast iron cookware are quite user-friendly. If they handle consciously, they will not burn you so easily. Still, many cast iron cookware is now available with heat resistant covered handles. So, first of all, make sure all your cooking pots are not so big which may trouble you to handle. Small or medium size cast iron cookware are best to handle unless you think you are hulk or Superman. Second of all, choose the pots which have double handles. It will help you to balance the pots when it’s loaded and hot. Finally, for pans make sure they are long enough and good to handle with the single wrist.
Bare VS. Enamel
Cast iron cookware comes with two different appearances bare and enamel coated. Bare cast iron items are unaltered iron skillets, pans, or dutch ovens that don’t have any layer or coating to make them nonstick. Bare cast iron products need to be seasoned well due to their reactive characteristics. They are cheap in price and last almost the rest of your life.
On the other hand, enamel-coated iron cooking pots non-reactive and also nonstick. Also, they are expensive and be could unusable over time. We find coated cast iron cookware may cross $150 even they have a low variation of items and average quality. However, this kind of cookware will make it easier for your everyday food preparation. They don’t need to be seasoned and they are ready to cook well from the first date. Also, if the coating is much thicker they are able to withstand metal utensils. Look for even coating application on your kitchenware to avoid the problem with the hot spots and flipping the food.
Cast iron cookware comes with all kinds of price ranges. The price may differ from brand to brand. Most of the cast iron products are cheaper than other kinds of cookware made from steel, copper, and stone. So, cast iron cookware is a great opportunity for those who want safe, versatile cookware which can be used in the oven, gas stove, or on the broiler.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Are Cast Iron Skillets Safe?
A: Cast iron cookware including skillets are completely safe for humans. You must go for a skillet from a well-known brand and that is made of high-quality cast iron and other components. Cast iron is well-known to leach iron into food while cooking but the amount varies and it’s very important. The human body needs at least 8 mg of iron per day and a cast iron skillet can provide up to 5 mg iron with each cooking process.
Q: How Are Cast Iron Skillets are Made?
A: This is a long and complicated process. Different manufacturers use different techniques and processes to make their cast iron skillets. Such as Lodge uses recycled cast iron, a mixture of pig iron and recycled scrap steel and other components to make their cast iron skillets and cookware sets. You can also watch this video to get an idea of how cast iron skillets are made.
Q: Will Cast Iron Work on an Induction Cooktop?
A: According to Wikipedia and some other trusted sources, Cast Iron Cookware is compatible with the induction cooktop. You should be careful while cooking with cast iron cookware and an induction cooktop as cast iron cookware is very heavy. So they might create scratches on your induction cooktop. You can also use cast iron in glass top stoves and here is a dedicated post you can check.
Q: How to Clean Cast Iron Cookware?
A: The process of cleaning cast iron cookware is so easy and almost the same as other cookware. At first, remove the stuck food immediately after each use. Use a sponge or stiff brush to clean the cookware and use warm water for a better results. Always try to avoid steel wool, your dishwasher, or commercial kitchen soap/detergent; because it may narrow the pan’s seasoning process. You can also have a look at this video to get details on how to clean cast iron cookware.
Q: How to Maintain Cast Iron Cookware?
A: If you want to use your cast iron cookware set for a long time without any damage, you should use it carefully and maintain it in a proper way. Wash the cookware set using soap for the first time. Season it perfectly before first use. Clean the cookware set immediately after each uses. Dry and store it carefully in a dry place. If you see any rust, remove the rust and re-season it again.
Q: Are Cast Iron Skillets Oven Safe?
A: Yes, they are oven safe and the highest temperature is 350 to 400 F.
Q: How to Store Cast Iron Cookware?
A: Clean the cast iron cookware properly and season it (If necessary) before storing. Find a dry place and use a paper towel to cover them. The best place for storing cast iron cookware can be in an unused oven.
Q: Which Food Should Not Be Cooked Using Cast Iron Cookware?
A: We have published a dedicated post on this topic. Please check What Not to Cook with Cast Iron Cookware.
Q: Are Cast Iron Pans Non-Stick?
A: Yes, almost all modern cast iron pans are non-stick.
Q: Is Enameled Cast Iron Cookware Safe?
A: Yes, Enameled cast iron is safe for healthy cooking. Almost all enameled cast iron doesn’t interact with food and they are oven safe up to 500 F.
Q: What Cast Iron Cookware is Made in the USA?
A: Here are some most popular cast iron cookware brands made in the USA.
- American Kitchen
- Field Company
- Nest Homeware
- Rome Industries
- Home Complete
Q: Where to Buy Cast Iron Cookware?
A: If you want to buy from your nearest store, then search at your nearest store for a cast iron cookware set from a well-known brand. If you want to buy from an online store, then try Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Wayfair, etc.
Q: Is Cast Iron Cookware Good for Healthy Cooking?
Q: What Cast Iron Cookware is Best?
A: It depends on several facts. If you have a good budget, then you can go for Lodge, Le Creuset, Simple Chef or Outdoor Gourmet cast iron cookware sets. This cookware set is best for their durability, easy to use, easy to clean, non-stick features, and healthy cooking.
Q: How to Season Cast Iron Cookware Properly?
A: When you are going to use a new cast iron skillet or cookware for the first time, you need to season it. For seasoning, a cast iron cookware, follow these simple steps.
- Scrub the skillet/pan with soap and hot water
- Rinse and dry it properly
- Use vegetable oil or a thin layer of melted shortening on the surface of the pan
- Heat the pan at a 350F temperature
- Cool and store it
Q: How to Re-season Cast Iron Cookware?
A: Clean the cast iron cookware set properly using warm water, soap (If necessary) stiff brush/sponge. If there is any rust in the cookware, you can use steel wool to remove them. Dry it and then use vegetable oil or a thin layer of melted shortening and heat on the oven at 350 F temperature. And then cool it.
Q: What are the Advantages of Cast Iron Cookware?
A: Here is the list of some advantages of using cast iron cookware for everyday cooking.
- Reasonable price
- Safest cookware
- High heat
- Required less oil for cooking
- Easy to clean
- Easy to maintain
- Oven safe
So, here was all the top class, Best Cast Iron Cookware that we researched and tested. All they come into the budget and they are very good at making any foods. For the first few days, they may give you trouble with sticky or burnt foods, so season them well. When you start to figure out their usage you will enjoy getting to know your new cast iron cookware. Once they get older you will enjoy the true cast iron cooking just like in wine, the older is better. So, check out one of these 10 best-cast iron cookware sets today and make the lifetime investment for your kitchen.